Saturday, July 14, 2007

I know nothing about Oil

Sad.... but true.

Had picked up on oil bottoming at $61 a couple of months ago. Expected it to get to $80 by Jan 08. However, have been surprised by the pace and extent of its price movement. Nearly $74 yesterday, with no end in sight. As a result, haven't remained invested in it, made scraps here and there, but nothing much to shout about.

I realise that I always get fazed by its volatility. My biggest fear is to buy at the top, and then get clobbered. In hindsight, had I stayed invested in oil continuously over the last 2 months, I'd be up close to $20K with just 2 contracts. Kicking myself - I saw the opportunity, but didn't capitalise on it.

Now, I see a rally developing in Gold (up $12.5 this week) - of course, even though I commented on it a while ago, I haven't done anything about it. Need to get a grip, and get a plan going.

No comments: