Friday, June 15, 2007

Time to buy Gold?

Stock markets are rebounding - despite that fact that bond yields are at 5.2%+/-. I suppose this is all very encouraging. However, the XJO bounced back off 6150 - and my guesstimate from the weekly chart was that it would drop to at least 6050. So I'm not sure this 'correction' is quite done yet.

What I have done, however, is buy 1 Spot Gold contract. Had figured a bottom of $644 at the trendline - it went down to $643.25. Of course, I didn't have an order in then. Went long finally at $648.25 (actually $646.75 + $1.5 IGM spread). Looking to go long Spot Silver @ $12.97.

My reasoning is thus: if there is a cartel selling Gold to suppress the price (as some suggest), they'd better have a lot of it to sell since India will come back to buy soon - Dussehra is just 3.5 months away - and that means weddings - lots and lots of them. With the economy booming that means a demand for lots and lots of jewelry.

Again: higher oil prices + higher food prices = inflation = higher gold prices.

No comments: