Saturday, June 9, 2007

Sitting it out

Financial markets have been falling this week - the XJO is down almost 200 points since Monday; however, I'm sitting this out. Part of it has to do with the whip-saw action on Monday that knocked me about; a lot has to do with the fact that these are volatile times and I'd rather watch and learn (for free), than participate and learn (possibly at a cost). Got stopped out of my TTS position along the way. My AGK position is still holding on .... just.

Gold, meanwhile, went from $651 to $671, and back down to $657 (as I write). So is Gold the safe-haven its touted to be, or is it just another asset class? You would expect Gold to go through $700 on this recent manoeuvre by the world markets.

Still trying to make sense of what the future holds - not just next week, but for the rest of the year. The Daily Reckoning, as always, has something sensible to say.

No comments: