Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Market is Cruel

The Gold contract that I sold at a loss for $663.05 a couple of days ago is now worth $671.

Today, I shorted TLS @ $4.49, since it looked to have formed a double top at $4.55 , and guess what - it punches through and closes @ $4.62! So I'm trading in the red in this one - when I had fantastic visions of making some decent $$. Apparently, the reason for this was because of telecom re-rating happening in the US due to higher oil prices (communication being a substitute for transport). Also, read a rumour on HC that in May, when the Future Fund can get out of its T3 holding, TLS may come into play.

Now the thing is - what do I do with this position? I have a SL @$4.79, just above the next resistance point @ $4.74 - do I switch my position about?

I have a few speccy shares on my investment wishlist - TFE and TRF among them. Unfortunately, I haven't had any money lying around to do anything about them - and have looked helplessly on as TFE has gone from $0.47 to $0.61 earlier this week and TRF ran from $0.81 y'day to $1.02 today.

OK - so you say - "dude, you could have borrowed the money"; and I say "I could have - but I have an aversion to debt, and taking it on to buy speccy stocks isn't my idea of smart".

On the positive side, ARU and NUP have been blazing along; and APG had a good run today as well. So, maybe, the market isn't cruel after all - it is just ... the market.

No comments: