Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A Brand New Week

Missed out on the 4.3% drop in crude prices last nite. While I did think about shorting it @ 6634 levels, my experience with gold last week came to mind. I still need to recover $1000 to get back to parity. When I'm well ahead of that figure is when I'll get into the commodity futures markets next, and that too only on the long side.

Added LHG @ 329 and SMY @ 475 to my positions. LHG - since I believe Gold miners should recover soon; SMY (gapped open @ 470) since Nickel prices continue to rise and SMY managed to break through a key resistance @ 442. Target: 500.

Also bought AGK @ 1620. With oil prices coming down, that should provide an impetus on its uptrend towards 1700.

Closed out TLS @ 479 - profit of $150, so that nets out my earlier loss. Will look to re-enter TLS sometime, since she's going to 500.

No comments: