Wednesday, March 21, 2007

CFD Positions ver 1.0

Tomorrow is probably going to be the first day of CFD trading for me (barring any last minute hiccups).

There are only 2 trades that I'm fairly confident of at the moment:

Long LHG @ $3.01 (stop loss @ $2.95) with a target of $3.40
I view LHG as a proxy for Gold - and since I'm generally bullish on Gold this year (who isn't?) I need to be long LHG more times than not. The $3.01 price is just above the trend-line from May 2005, so I'm pretty confident it will hold. Weak USD = strong Gold price. I might change the price target of $3.40 - since its gone up to $3.60 recently, but we'll get to that if we get into play.

Short ZFX @17.15 (stop loss @ $17.25) with a target of $14.65
While ZFX is a great company, with good cash-flow, great management and low P/E, Zinc prices are on a highway to hell, with stocks rising for the first time in (I think) 5 years. Again, it looks like a strong A$ is on the way - which only hurts the earnings outlook for ZFX.

No comments: